Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Holy, Holy, Holy

I like Galatians 5:1 which says this in the NKJV: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. I know that verse, it is in my heart, I have placed it there and I rehearse it in my mind, daily because it was a word from God, I received while fasting and praying over a particular sinful, oppressive, obsession that had controlled be for decades.

While praying and crying out to God, Galatians 5:1 came to my mind, the whole scripture, for I had read it many, many times in the past, while struggling with my sin. But, this time it was different, I knew that God had freed me, and He had freed me with that Word. It was as if God was saying, the answer is right here, believe it trust it, and it will deliver you.

I trusted it and I was delivered. I give all glory and honor to my master, my Lord, my God, Jesus Christ! It did not stop there however, there were other scriptures that came to my mind as God showed me in His Word a lesson I needed to learn, and if anyone who happens to read this may be going through some oppressive, long-lasting sin, that you cant get the victory over, learn this word from the LORD, trust it and be delivered. The next scripture was 1 John 3:8: He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.  As children of God, our heavenly Father knew He had to take care of our sin in order to favor us and bring us to Himself,because He is holy, holy, holy. So He sent Jesus Christ to die for our sins, He raised Christ up and forgave us of all our sins. In doing that He destroyed the works of the devil. The devil should not be holding you child of God,  not oppressively, not for a long, long time. The fact of the matter he can't, you have to yield to him, because his power over you has been broken. Stand up in the liberty Christ has died to give you, tell the devil and his demons they cant hold you, because they cant, you have given them power over you by continuing in your persistent sin. God has gotten fed up with it, because He has promised in His word to make you into the image of  Jesus Christ and you want to keep playing around with your old man, you want to keep hanging out with your old father, you are double-minded. So God will let you wallow in that sin until you hate it, until you hate it like He does, He will let you wallow in it, until you despair for your very soul, until you feel you have lost everything, until you question your own salvation, until you scream out for deliverance, than He will wait, wait, wait, until you heart is humbled and than He will deliver, than He will deliver mightily, He will bring you out with a strong Right Arm!! Thank you Lord!!

James 4: 7-8 - Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners and purify your hearts you double-minded.

1 John 5:18 - We know that whoever is born of God does not sin, but he who has been born of God keeps (guards) himself and the wicked one does not touch him.

James 1: 14: - But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires (lusts) and enticed.

When we persist in a sin, we are making it hard on ourselves, we are exchanging the glory of a holy, holy, holy God for the filthy deception of temporary gratification, and God is not pleased, God's seed is in us, and we have to power to walk away from sin, of course not all sin, we still need to repent and confession sin each and every day, but we should not be bound up in sin.  I recently read that the only way we can know for sure that we are saved is by how much of a holy life we are living. Those words are so true. Continuing in persistent sin is a mark of not being saved, so your assurance is weak, your testimony is weak, your service to God is weak. If you are truly a Christian, you have a desire put in your heart, by the Holy Spirit, to live holy, to be of use to the Kingdom of Christ. If you are in persistent sin, and you are His, God will bring you out, hopefully in time to be of some use to the Kingdom of Christ. My prayer is that this will be the beginning of the end of your life in persistent sin, that God will bring you out, even through the pain and agony of breaking your hard, selfish, and double-minded heart, to the Joy of bowing lovingly and gratefully before a HOLY, HOLY, HOLY God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment